Access rvr's colour sensor through Arduino?

Hi I’ve had my rvr a week and have it roaming autonomously, connected to an Arduino Uno with an ultrasonic range finder. It’s awesome! Might be a silly question but I was wondering if it’s possible to access the rvr’s colour sensor through Arduino?

Also I’m sorry this is unrelated but I have some moisture droplets inside the casing where the motors are. Is this just condensation?

Thanks in advance :blush:

Like access the module? Or access it by rerouting the connecting to be processed by the arduino uno board instead of the rvr board? If it has to do with bypassing, I highly doubt it and you’d run into major problems with physical hardware (soldering and cabling) However, you can use python editor and control the color sensor via the UART port outside of the app which is cool beans…

1 Like

Im just wanting to program the colour sensor with Arduino as part of my autonomous program. But I wasnt sure you could do that. So you can program the colour sensor with a raspberry pi?

Correct, using various Python editors. I believe Mu is one of the best for RVR

1 Like

Thank you so much :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

My pleasure. We have a lot of fun with the color sensor in my class. I only used it thus far via the app for programming, but I found the coding to help you get started:

This was a really cool program I made using the color sensor:

I love the RVR so much, it is the best Sphero product IMHO…It is the most expandable and reusable robot to date that I have used thanks to its 3rd party hardware integration. They make the best bots…the quality in the shell and treads stand a part from so much crap out there.

1 Like

This is really helpful thank you :slightly_smiling_face: