I got my RVR a few days ago and decided today to pull out an old Arduino and see what I could get it to do.
I set everything up, took one of the example sketches and uploaded it to the Arduino hooked everything up and it all worked for a few minutes I was quite happy but then the headlights stopped changing colour and just sat on green. I turned everything off and restarted it but nothing happened.
Since then I haven’t been able to get anything running using the Arduino.
- Running code using the Edu app, all good there
- Flashing the firmware, no change
- Trying multiple different example sketches, no joys
- added debug code (to flash the on board LED on the UNO) to make sure the sketch is running, all working LED flashes at the rate I would expect
- Used a different USB cable to make sure it wasn’t a fault there
I don’t have a FTDI cable to see if anything else is going on. Any ideas how I can troubleshoot from here?
Adding updates here as I go…
Update, it worked again randomly… it was after I had the RVR turned off for a while. Could it be an issue with starting the initial serial connection?
Further on this when its connected to PC the TX LED flashes briefly when transmitting (as expected) but it doesn’t when running on the RVR…
I’ve figured repeatedly cycling power seems to be the only way it works.
When it does work the RVR Leds flash green briefly before it connects, is this it connecting to the serial connection? or is this indicating that it has booted up properly? because I don’t normally see similar when bluetooth connects so I’m assuming it’s connection confirmation.