concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

Hi,

Being relatively new to the RVR and Raspberry PI , I am attempting to run some of the projects once I have gone through the guidance Method 1.

I have set up the connection between the PI and the RVR according to the guidance (and double checked).

When I run: drive_with_wasd_keys.py

I receive the following error:

(sphero-sdk-raspberrypi-python) pi@raspberrypi:~/sphero-sdk-raspberrypi-python/projects/keyboard_control $ python drive_with_wasd_keys.py
Checking RVR firmware versions…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “drive_with_wasd_keys.py”, line 22, in
loop
File “/home/pi/sphero-sdk-raspberrypi-python/sphero_sdk/asyncio/client/toys/sphero_rvr_async.py”, line 36, in init
self._check_rvr_fw()
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 584, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File “/home/pi/sphero-sdk-raspberrypi-python/sphero_sdk/asyncio/client/firmware/rvr_fw_check_async.py”, line 26, in _check_rvr_fw
rvr_nordic_version = await self.__rvr.get_main_application_version(target=SpheroRvrTargets.primary.value, timeout=3)
File “/home/pi/sphero-sdk-raspberrypi-python/sphero_sdk/asyncio/client/toys/sphero_rvr_async.py”, line 87, in get_main_application_version
return await self._dal.send_command(**command_dict)
File “/home/pi/sphero-sdk-raspberrypi-python/sphero_sdk/asyncio/client/dal/serial_async_dal.py”, line 78, in send_command
timeout=timeout
File “/home/pi/sphero-sdk-raspberrypi-python/sphero_sdk/asyncio/server/handler/api_sphero_handler.py”, line 191, in send_command
await asyncio.shield(asyncio.wait_for(future, timeout=timeout))
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 423, in wait_for
raise futures.TimeoutError()
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

There are some are some other programs under Getting Started that work , like changing the LEDs, however a number fail with the same error above.

M