Connect to multiple Spheros with one device?

i am wondering to develop a project which works with multiple Spheros, maybe 5-10 pieces.
Is there a way to multi-connect to several spheros at onces?
Or do i need one bluetooth device per one Sphero ?

I would be appreciate any suggestions or support, as i do not know how to approach this issue!
Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Superkraft!

I am super curious to hear about your big plans!! You do need to have one bluetooth device per Sphero. We have an example on our SDK site of how you can make multiple bots interact; is that up your alley?

Can’t wait to hear more!

Kelsey

1 Like

Dear Kelsey,
thanks so much for the fast reply!!!
I am working on a small interactive art project - will keep you posted :slight_smile:
I am now wondering whether i should search for usb bluetooth hardware or bluetooth cards which i can connect in a desktop computer internally…
Any recommendations for specific bluetooth hardware, which works especially reliable with the Spheros?
THX :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Superkraft!

I am excited to see what you come up with :slight_smile: I don’t have access to many of our engineers right now (during the holiday), but can certainly ask around and get back to you when I hear back. The bots are going to work with your bluetooth hardware in the same way that any other bluetooth device would, so the best bluetooth hardware, in general, is also going to be what works best with Sphero bots :slight_smile: The bots we manufactured a few years ago are going to use normal bluetooth and our newer bots are going to use BLE (bluetooth low energy). Knowing which your bot uses will likely be the only thing you’ll need to consider when looking at new hardware (It looks like you have a BOLT? That would use BLE :wink: ).

Additionally, if you haven’t already secured a bluetooth device for each of the bots you’ll need to control, I would be happy to chat through ideas of how/where to gather such things (you don’t have to use the same type of device to control each bot, so you can have a myriad of tablets, phones and laptops; whatever you can gather!).

Hope you’re having fun!!

Kelsey

1 Like