Custom sound/MP 3?

• SOLVED * Hi, is it possible to add or change (custom) sounds/MP 3 ? I would very much like to have the Cantina song on my R2. Or is that impossible for example because they are contained in the firmware or something ?
    Cheers !
  • edit ; upon further searching i found a sounds folder containing many of the sounds. It is in the windowsapps folder which is notoriously hard to edit/copy to due to security reasons. Was that done on purpose so that users cannot change/add sounds of their own ?
  • edit 2 ; upon further searching i now have the Cantina song MP3 playing in the EDU software. If interested let me know and i’'ll write it up.
4 Likes

Just recently bought R2D2 myself. Would be interested in learning more about how you were able to do it.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m sorry, i later found out that R2 has a built in sound chip for the R2 sounds and cannot play custom sounds. I only managed to
adjust/add custom sounds to the Sphero app. So the app on your phone/PC can play them but not the R2 unit itself. Let me know if you
want to know how to do that.

blocked.gif

2 Likes

Oh so the sounds are still available on the R2? And you don’t have to have the Star Wars droids app (which I can’t seem to find in the Android app store). That’s good news. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Hello, how did you manage to run the sounds on mobile device?

1 Like

Try this if you haven’t already.