Does Sphero 1 work with Sphero play?

I just found my sphero after many years and trying to get it to work with the sphero play app. I can connect to it and pair via bluetooth. sphero app finds it, connects to it and then moves into ‘update’ for 1 second and finally throws an error that the sphero is not paired. During this time the sphero flashes orange.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Hey @kemimeister!

It is always so fun to come across things that brought us joy years ago! haha

The tech utilized in the Sphero 1.0 is so old at this point that it does not work with the current Sphero Play or Edu apps :confused:

If you can find anyone who has the original app who can share it with you, the Sphero 1.0 will still work with the original app… :crossed_fingers: One note, however, is that Apple is pretty finicky about these things, so you’ll have better luck with this method if you have an android device you can use.

I wish you the best of luck with finding a way that you can play with your toy of yester-year; I know how fun that would be :relaxed:

Kelsey

1 Like

Actually it turns out that if you previously downloaded the original sphero app you can find it in your purchases in the itunes app store. This way I was able to re-download the and got it to work!

1 Like

That’s awesome!!

Thank you so so much for sharing that information, @kemimeister!

I hope you have fun playing with your Sphero :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Kelsey

1 Like