Finding documentation for writing Python code? (RVR)

I recently got my Sphero RVR and Raspberry Pi 4 connected and working, I can get some basic programs that were included with the SDK to run, but as I’m trying to dive into it I’m having a REAL hard time figuring out this code because I can’t seem to find documentation anywhere explaining… well really much of anything. I’ve found the general api (link below) but it doesn’t really help me. So for example, I’m attempting to write my own code where the LEDs will turn to whatever color it picks up from the color sensor. I just feel lost and overwhelmed looking through everything; I’m just looking for some documentation; maybe even some example programs that others have written?

1 Like

I’ll give an example of what I’m talking about.

from sphero_sdk import SpheroRvrAsync
from sphero_sdk import SerialAsyncDal
from sphero_sdk import RvrStreamingServices

You can find these at the top of color_detection.py so let’s take SpheroRvrAsync from sphero_sdk. Is there anything that defines SpheroRvrAsync, what it does, how to use it, maybe where it can even be found?

1 Like

Hi @KooK,

We’re working on improving documentation, but there’s a long way to go. The easiest way to learn how to use the various features is to look through the getting_started directory within the SDK. There are lots of examples in there.

I hope this helps.

SPHERO Email Marketing -