Help! Star Wars Droids App not on Google Play

That probably means your obb is not in right place or doesn’t have access to it

1 Like

Hmmm. I’ll keep digging. Thanks!

1 Like

Thought I’d “Bump!” as it’s been a month and I remain very keen for an official solution. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bearing with us while our app team has been dealing with the unexpected de-listing of the Droids app.

We have a temporary solution available for now. You can download and install a 32-bit version of the app directly from Sphero while the upgrade to 64-bit libraries continues in order to re-list in the Play Store. Due to social distancing requirements, there was a bit of a communication snafu between this becoming available and getting the information to the forum, but at least it’s here now. Follow the link for details:

-JimK

2 Likes

Many thanks for the update JimK

1 Like

I just wanted to say thanks to colby-wan for finding this work-around. My 2 year old son found my R2D2 in my desk and was in tears when I couldn’t just download the app and get it working again. I’ll tell him to thank old Kenobi for this one. :wink:

I had to use the second method to get this installed on my S9, but copying the .obb file and installing the .apk using XAPK Manager worked for me.

1 Like

Many, many thanks from R2 and me to JimK and colby-wan here. I Started a new job in January and a couple of months in, the Covid-19 pandemic happened :worried:

I am fortunate to have not been furloughed or laid off (my thoughts go to those that have :disappointed:) and I thought I would surprise my fellow key workers left working hard with R2. Imagine my horror when I discover the app has disappeared so I could not :frowning_face:

Anyhoo, long story short; R2 is now charging behind me, beeping away and the app is working :+1:

Thanks again and stay safe, folks.

My best wishes to all :heart:

2 Likes

Hi @Empage,

I’m glad you’re enjoying your R2. No credit for me here, I’m just the messenger, but I’ll pass your thanks along to the app devs who are still working hard on an update to be submitted to the Play Store.

-JimK

2 Likes

thanks alot this was just awesome.

1 Like

Hi how about those in iOS? Any suggestions?

2 Likes

Hi there do you have a video for the 2nd method? Thanks for the help!

1 Like

If it is no longer available on iOS then that is new. I think they mention something about iOS downloads on their website though. Hope this can help.

I just contacted Sphero support and they have confirmed that they have taken down the app on ios. This is a real bummer

1 Like

Hi can you ask the Sphero apps team to put up the Droids and Force Band app on Apps Store a little while longer? At least it’s for customers like me who didn’t managed to download the apps earlier to access the apps

1 Like

Hi @Jonmcs18,

We loved all of our Star Wars Droids and wish they could be a part of Sphero forever. Unfortunately, we are no longer allowed to support those apps or products. If you haven’t had the chance to download the apps, you can use Sphero Edu to connect to, drive, and program your droid.

1 Like

It’s not the same bro. Without the app my Force Band won’t even work. This sucks! No more Sphero products for me

2 Likes

Bro… This product is like 6 years old… if you buy a used car you cant expect it to come fully functional or with all the original parts.

Hi, Can we have at least a little bit more time to download the apps for those who just changed their phone please.

1 Like

I’m sorry, we can’t do that. As I stated before, we are no longer allowed to support these products. If you have further questions about this, you can contact support@sphero.com.

1 Like
SPHERO Email Marketing -