Help with silent support@sphero.com

I need some support help. We have all been instructed to reach out to Sphero Support at support@sphero.com when we have something defective, but I have tried for weeks with no contact.

I have a defective battery. The internal wiring disconnects and I get an erratic charge. I sent something to support@sphero.com, and they sent back a canned email with “advice” I already tried. Then SILENCE despite my multiple emailed requests.

Have others gotten this bad support? Is there another way to get service?

Thanks for any help!

1 Like

@jasmine or @quentin can you respond? I’m waiting a few days on a response because about the right motor on my Rvr being weak. It drives straight fine and turns with the heading command but with raw drive the right motor starts way after the left one unless the speed is high.

Rud

1 Like

The problem with the battery charging is that pin that gets pushed in when you close the door on the RVR. This pin pushes on a normally closed micro switch that is very very touchy. So when the battery is in the RVR the button gets stuck in that position and when you take it out to charge it the pin no longer wants to return to normal. The will of plastic.

That micro switch needs to be moved 1 mm back from the button I thing to work correctly.

Mike

1 Like

Hey @frethop and @rmerriam - did you guys ever hear back from support?

If not, I’ll try to track your ticket if you DM me with your email address.

Thanks!
Lindsey

1 Like

No response here. It’d be great to have some help! Thanks.

– Mike

1 Like

@iseries1: My problem seems to be bad wiring in the charging socket. The lights will light up or turn off just moving the unit around with respect to the cable. The only way I get charging is to orient the battery so the cable pulls in a specific direction.

1 Like

The cable or socket that it goes into is connect to small board that is attached to another board that has the micro switch on it. When you move the socket you move the micro switch and change the charging state. There are no wires inside. The socket is directly connect to a small PC board.

Mike

1 Like

Got two batteries and both have that sticking switch problem. Very frustrating. I have to wiggle that switch to pop out and allow the battery manager to charge the battery.

1 Like

One more note is to not leave the battery in the unit when not in use. The battery does drain with the unit off. I see about a 4% drop in charge over night.

Mike

1 Like

Hi @frethop I reached out to support to get your ticket some visibility so hopefully you can get a response sometime tomorrow!

Lindsey

1 Like

Marvelous! Thanks.

BTW: I’m not so frustrated about the time-to-help as I am about the lack of communication. Obviously, I’d love my battery to be fixed ASAP, but a response to an email that says “Thanks…you are in the queue…” is even better!

1 Like

Hi Rud!

Thank you for your message.
The raw drive command gets RVR to send equal electrical power to both motors. Since there is a tolerance built in how well each motor works, and that the surface on which RVR is driving is likely to not have an even friction coefficient on both threads, RVR is very unlikely to drive straight with that command!
This is the reason why we built a control system for RVR!
However, if you were to see some issues with RVR driving straight while using the heading command, I would definitely let us know!

I hope this helps,
Quentin

1 Like

Never mind the fact that one motor is turning clockwise while the other one is turning counter clockwise. There is always some difference when they turn in opposite directions.

Mike

1 Like