Is it possible to query the RVR/Bolt Battery Level?

Interesting in establishing the battery state before heading off on a “long” journey.

One of the planned grand child projects is to have the RVR emulate Gramps’ Tesla

Knowing the battery state will be key to this project.

Is there a well hidden RVR API document anywhere that would show me how to read the RVR battery state, amongst many other wondrous features.?

Given the wonder of the Sphero, family, I still marvel at the lack of useful wiki documents. I get the strong sense that there are a few experts that have figured out much on their own. A mass of folks who don’t care to know the details and are willing just to play with the published videos and code. And a bunch of folks who would love to know more but cannot figure it for themselves. (ie Reverse engineering the C++ code!) I represent that last group.

More documentation please!!

1 Like

Battery level is available and the functions are documented. Have you check the sdk.sphero.com website?

Mike

2 Likes

Thanks! Your link got me into this site

https://sphero.docsapp.io/docs/get-started This one was failing me but now works again

Though I was looking for the battery level to be available without the need for external devices. I envisage an advanced level of coding blocks, that can be revealed as the gramps/students gain more smarts.

BUT I WILL want to get back to this site as I start to connect Arduinos, Raspberry Pis and Microbits. SIte Now Bookmarked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @adrius42!

You can use the API or one of the SDKs, as @iseries1 suggested, but you can also see the device battery level when you connect it to the Edu App. A third, and most “self-sufficent” way, is that you can press the large button on the end of the battery and it will illuminate 1 to 4 of its lights to signify how charged it is :slight_smile:

Let me know if that helps!

Kelsey

1 Like