Is there any way to reset a Sphero RVR?

Tutoring a student using the Sphero RVR (first gen, not +) and their Sphero EDU app crashes when running code on the robot. Seems like whenever they try using the accelerometer sensor, the app crashes, both on iPhone and Windows w/ programs that work on my own RVR but not theirs. I’m thinking this could be due to corrupted software on the robot itself, as the student’s app froze multiple times when updating their robot for the first time, and the issue persists regardless of what client platform connects to the robot.

Please let me know if you’ve heard of any solutions or know how to hard-reset the Sphero RVR software please let me know!

Hi @jacobsnarr,

I’m sorry to hear about this problem. If you open a support ticket using the Contact Us form at support.sphero.com, that’s the fastest path to a resolution. Any information you can provide in the initial ticket will help speed up diagnosis, for example:

• OS and app versions
  • Description or identification of any LED animations on the robot (documentation here)
  • Videos showing the robot and the app leading up to the app crash

Our Customer Support team will work with you to resolve the issue. Hopefully it’s something simple.

-Jim