I’ve bought a secondhand Bolt to help my daughter with her interest in programming, but it appears to be faulty. Hopefully someone will have come across the same thing, and offer a fix.
So far I believe the unit will:
- Charge - I’ve had it charging for several hours until the blue LED on the base remained on
- Connect and maintain a connection via Bluetooth to both my iPhone and Computer.
- Respond to ‘blockcode’ which is looking to see if the unit is charging and play a sound.
- Illuminate the rear LED when ‘aim’ is selected in the app.
The unit will not :
- Respond to a request to ‘Aim’ the device, the LED comes on but the unit will not move.
- Move either at the request of ‘blockcode’ in the programmer or using the Drive feature
- Respond to code which is monitoring the sensor for collision or movement - thing is reported in the sensors page of the EDU app.
- Illuminate the main LED Matrix for anything other than the Sphero logo just before going to sleep or a pink bolt.
- Self correct its position within the shell.
So far I’ve tried:
- Fulling charging the unit - left it on charge until the LED in the base remained on, not flashing.
- Updating the firmware of the unit, it is currently on 4.2.41, 4.2.44
- Reset the unit - Resetting Sphero - Sphero Support & Help | Sphero's Knowledge Base
- Using the EDU App on two devices, and the play on my iPhone - the issues are always the same.
- Checking the LED brightness for the Matrix is at full level and not dimmed or disabled
I’ve observed a really weird thing that the unit will level itself before going to sleep, I’ve put a short video to my twitter account -