Project Ideas

Hi all. I’m writing an article about project ideas.

What can you guys think of to do with RVR?

2 Likes

How about remote controlling the RVR and getting RVR sensor data over the internet via MQTT? Remote surveillance or garden monitoring rover. This may be a little bigger project than you were looking for. I can see you breaking this down into several small tutorials. i.e. sending RVR sensor data to a MQTT broker, separate xBox Raspberry PI controller to MQTT for driving the RVR, ect… This has been a long time project of mine using traditional RC vehicles. Now that we have the RVR, it is a perfect platform. Think NASA Pathfinder

Another project could be hacking the RVR to enable drive up and charge, wireless charging or solar panel charging. No more removing the battery to charge.

3 Likes

:point_up_2: I like this idea! I was thinking about adding a FPV video camera… Maybe some sort of audio output system to help scare the geese out of my backyard…

How about adding a two way audio system of some sort, to be able to add voice commands via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant? Would also be cool if my home automation system, Hubitat, could send text to speech commands to RVR and have them spoken aloud.

3 Likes

I’ve already made an improvised FPV camera for my RVR from an old drone that can’t fly, and it works quite well. Although because of the need to constantly re-calibrate the RVR it’s a bit hard to drive it out of site.

2 Likes

ogiewon - I am using a $25 WYZE camera for some of my other projects and it works great for streaming video and audio over the internet with very little lag. Love the idea of FVP for driving around in the backyard.

3 Likes

Drive up charging, I wonder if it can do pattern recognition, to see a pattern to drive up & wirelessly charge. Or better yet, I wonder if it can be made to incorporate a tensor flow devise to help with the pattern recognition?

1 Like