R2R2 animation stops after play

Hello, I’m having trouble with animations. After the animation completes the program seems to hang. In the example below. The program says “Start of program” and performs the animation. After that the program doesn’t continue to the next step which is to speak “End of program”. Is there something special that needs to be done to get the program to continue? I there perhaps another call that needs to be made? Thanks!

async function startProgram() {
await speak(“Start of program”, true);
await Animation.R2D2.Positive.Chatty.play();
await speak(“End of program”, true);
exitProgram();
}

1 Like

Hey @pmoogk!

It sounds like you were able to get things sorted out with the Support Team?

I did find that running this program in the mobile app worked for me. I know that coding in JS in the mobile app is minorly tedious, but you can create the program in the Edu app on your computer and run it from the Edu app on your phone until we’ve got this all sorted out :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for including us in your journey; we can’t wait to see where it takes you!

Kelsey

1 Like

Hi Kelsey,
Thanks for getting back to me. You guested correctly that I was not using the mobile app version of the program. I was using the Windows version. When I used the android version of the app it did work correctly.
As you mentioned it is hard to use the mobile app to create javascript programs. I have been using windows to write the program and then running it in Android. However, the only way I have found to sync up to the windows version of the program with the android version is to log off in the android app and then log in again. Is there an easier way to get the programs to sync up without logging off from the mobile app? Thanks!

Peter

Hey @pmoogk!

Have you tried pull refreshing the app? You should be able to either refresh the page or navigate away from that page and back to it and have the changes show up :slight_smile:

I have my team testing to confirm, but let me know if that works for you!

Kelsey