Speak the Data

I’m having the students use a program where they’ll be measuring the time it takes for the velocity to get to a certain point. The goal is for the Sphero to speak the data (rather than read the data on the graph). This isn’t a project-killer, just a time saver. The students are pretty good with the graph. And now that I’ve brought it up, I’m curious to the solution.

We know how to use the speech block and the “time elapsed” block but just as a round peg doesn’t fit in a square hole, we can’t quite figure out how to put the “time elapsed” grey oval into a string so it will fit in the square opening on the speak command.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hey @EReiff - This is definitely possible. There are a few ways to do it, and I would recommend taking a look at this activity from our Thursday LearnDay video series that talks about the value of doing that.

In the Build String box, you can click on the pencil icon to add multiple “parameters” into the string and one of the options is to add a number. Once you have a circular number parameter, you can place any of the circular sensor blocks in there to speak the data.

2 Likes

Yep - that was it. Thanks Sphero_Ubow. Appreciate the assist!

2 Likes