Specdrums use within Logic Pro X

Hi. I’ve just got started with trying to use my Specdrums within Logic. I’m almost there, as far as it getting working in the way that I want, but have some questions.

Firstly, I’ve had a few times when Logic seems to stop responding to the rings, even though it knows that they’re still connected. Is there some sort of time-out on them? The only way around it seems to disconnect them from the OS X MIDI tool and then reconnect again, which is a bit annoying.

Secondly, as I’m using a custom colour palette for triggering, I’m finding some colours always seem to broadcast chords, which isn’t what I want. In the Edu app, you can easily just change the behaviour to give single notes for those colours, but I can’t work out how to emulate that in Logic. Any ideas?

Finally, the Edu app allows you to detect different colour shades and then assign them their own notes. When using Logic, though, the rings get confused between my red and orange colours, even though the Edu app is easily able to distinguish between them. Other than getting my paintbrush out and re-painting my ‘drum’ object, is there anything else that can be done to help it to distinguish between two similar colours when in Logic?

Any help would be much appreciated. These little rings are fun!

Guy