Sphero RVR Articles Available

Hi all,

I’ve had a few comments here about our tutorials and have also gotten an email about it.

Yes, we will be covering the Sphero RVR :slight_smile:

I only got it a few days ago, so we don’t have any in depth tutorials. Here is what we have so far.

Sphero RVR SDK

Sphero RVR Raspberry Pi

Sphero RVR Projects and Ideas

We’ve got a lot more on the way to help you get started with your Sphero RVR. In addition we’re just starting to work on more advanced tutorials to help you get the most out of this powerful new robot.

I’m super excited about RVR. I’ve worked with getting a robot chassis up and running, and I can tell you that it takes forever while at the same time working about half as well as this chassis seems to.

Some people will love it for what it is without expansion. Our articles might appeal to them, but our main target audience is people that want to get everything they can out of that UART.

Oh and a few (very) introductory videos. They’re boring and unedited for the most part so please be warned.

Most Boring Sphero RVR Unboxing - Video

Sphero RVR First Program - Video

Swapping Top of Sphero RVR - Video

I can’t wait to see what you guys make. Please make sure to post your projects here in the forums so we can all see :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Keith

3 Likes

Amazing photo!!! I’ve made one in a similar style, just with a bit more photoshop.

This is like the 3rd awesome picture I’ve seen from you. Are you a photographer? I’m an Engineer and I have to hack together all these amateur images for Kinvert articles lol.

This image I wanted more light on the Sphero and Raspberry Pi logos but I gave up mostly. I had a slightly better result putting a light in my leather jacket, going for long exposure, and moving the light around where I wanted it. Total hack job lol.

1 Like

Yes, I’m only 16, but I’ve become somewhat of a photographer. This photo is not actually mine, I just found an RVR photo and a milky way photo, and did some editing to make them fit together. All of my other photos are 100% mine though.

About the lighting, if you find a well lit area, and lower the ISO as far as it goes, you can get nice dark photos without grain and you get much more room to experiment with settings. It’s how I take all of mine. You can then fine tune it with almost any photo editor.

The original photo I found:

We’ve got our first programming video up.

First Sphero RVR SDK Raspberry Pi Program

Hopefully in the near future I catch time to make an actual full installation tutorial. I’m currently a bit swamped with my son and our after school classes are growing and getting pretty busy etc.

If there is anything in particular you want me to cover please let me know.

Hope to get going on some real projects in the not too distant future.

1 Like