Unknown Power Message

I’m seeing the response messages:

8D 28 1 13 11 FF B3 D8

This is a power device command of 0x11 that is not documented in the Python enums that I can find.

1. Turn on Rvr
  2. Send a wake up command, wait 4 seconds, and then send a sleep command. This message isn’t sent.
  3. Send the wake up, wait, and sleep. The message appears right after sending the sleep.
1 Like

I see this message every time I turn the unit on. I also looked for this code and did not find it.

I think it is I have just been powered on (0x11).

You could use it to start your program in the field.

Flags: 28
Target: 1
Device: 13
Command: 11
Wait? FF
Checksum: B3

Mike

2 Likes

Hey Team!

Just jumping in to confirm that DID=13, CID=11 corresponds with the “System Awake Notification” (Notify that a wake-up has occurred and the system is ready to perform operations normally available when awake) :slight_smile:

The behavior that you are seeing, @rmerriam, does seem unexpected, though. Are you waiting for longer in your second scenario than in your first?

Nice sleuthing!

Kelsey

@brightnbubbly, I tweaked my code and now see the message is being sent only 10 ms after the wake up message. The task monitoring for responses was waiting for a message longer than 8 bytes. That meant it didn’t get processed until another message arrived.

So it is a “now awake” message but not a “power on” message.

To elaborate for others:

Power On - no responses are received if the system is off. (Duh!) If you got a response obviously the power is on.
Sleep - responses to messages are received but ones for, say, drive are not completed. A response after a wake up says when a drive command can be issued and action will occur.

1 Like

In the Edu app the Rvr can be powered off. I don’t see an API command for this. Is there one?

Also, where can we find the current version numbers for the firmware? The Edu app is reporting them to me but I’m not sure if it is telling me to update or just reporting.