Using QWIIC library in pipenv shell

In a Python program, import qwiic while in pipenv shell results in ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘qwiic’. Using import qwiic while not in the shell works Ok.

I’m trying to use VL53L1X (Qwiic) with Qwiic Mux Breakout to measure distance while accessing Sphero SDK for other functions (like drive).

Update: Used pip3 install sparkfun-qwiic. Now ‘import qwiic’ doesn’t cause an error after using pipenv shell. However the example python to change i2c address throws an error ( ‘QwiicVL53L1X’ object has no attribute ‘SensorInit’) while pipenv shell is active. Example code for address change works Ok when not in pipenv shell.

1 Like

pipenv shell doesn’t seem to incorporate libraries for ToF or GPS or directories. Library errors (module not found) occur when merging Python into using WSAD example. ToF or GPS examples do not run when pipenv shell is active.

1 Like

Using the GPS (Titan X1) Module, ToF (VL53L1X), Pi Servo pHat, and Qwiic Mux included with advanced autonomous kit.

1 Like

I bypassed the pipenv entirely and just added all dependencies to system python. That worked.

Thanks. I don’t know how to do that.