Viewing sensor data or variables LIVE

Is this possible?
For example I have a program which uses the light sensor and want to know the current value? The Edu software must know all this, right?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello again @Declan,

At this time, we have not included the light sensor value in the livestream of the data that you can see on your device.

However, you can write some code for the BOLT to “speak” the current light value through the device you are using!

I hope this helps,

Quentin

1 Like

That’s a good idea, cheers. I did manage to get it to scroll the value on the matrix which was cool, but not fast enough really.
When I open the sensor data the program stops running, is that correct?
I’m an Arduino programmer and love to be able to ‘Serial.print’ all the values, makes debugging much easier!

1 Like

Hi @Declan,

It actually depends on the platform you are using. If you are on a mobile device, you can see the data live on the bottom of the screen. If you are on the desktop app, you don’t have access to that feature.

In both cases, opening the file where the data is logged will indeed stop the program.
Debugging is always fun indeed! Serial.Print is much better than having 1 or 2 LEDs turn ON :slight_smile: .

Quentin

1 Like